Every day, Everywhere, by everyone… Sharing the Grace of the Good Shepherd.
- In the one true God, the Holy Trinity, as confessed in the three ecumenical creeds, who is the Creator and Sustainer of all things;
- That all people are in bondage to sin, death, and the devil, and are unable to free themselves or make themselves right with God by their own powers;
- That Jesus Christ, true God and true man, lived a perfect and holy life for us, shed His blood for us on the cross to atone for our sins, and rose from the grave on the third day declaring His victory over Satan and the grave for us;
- That the Holy Spirit delivers Christ’s forgiveness, life, and salvation to us – fully and freely – through the preaching of the Word, through Baptism, Absolution, and the Lord’s Supper;
- That Christ is working in us to lead lives of faith toward God and fervent love toward one another in the vocations to which He calls us;
- That Christ’s Church is to send out workers to proclaim the Gospel and is to bear witness to the living hope she has in Christ Jesus with gentleness and respect;
- That Christ’s Church is to actively extend God’s mercy to the poor and weak and defenseless, showing love to our neighbors.
- That Christ will come again on the Last Day to judge the living and the dead and to give eternal life to all who believe in Him.
The first service of Good Shepherd Lutheran Church took place on October 3, 1971 at the Green Bowl restaurant in Watertown. 163 were in attendance. On October 31st of that year, 132 men and women signed the constitution and, wasting no time, also made the decision to purchase a 16-acre site on East Main Street and Highway 16 bypass. A new sanctuary was dedicated in February of 1973. Preschool classes began in the fall of 1983. An educational wing with offices was dedicated in November of 1987, and another educational wing was added in the fall of 1999 housing spacious classrooms, a library, music room, youth room, health room, and preschool area. Good Shepherd Lutheran School opened in the fall of 2000.